Tourism Impact Toolkit
STS Economic Significance of Tourism Toolkit
Tourism is big business. As a tourism professional, you know that's true.
The challenge, however, is explaining tourism's true economic value to your board, your community's elected officials and to local citizens - all of whom benefit from tourism and all of whom influence the resources you have to do your job. What you need is clear and simple numbers that demonstrate tourism's awesome economic power.
Southeast Tourism Society, working with a noted Southeast economic tourism expert, has a turn-key solution and method for you to easily prove tourism's economic significance to your local community. Using statistics from your state's tourism department and the U.S. Travel Association, show how many jobs are created, how many dollars visitors spend and how much tax relief results from tourism - directly in your community.
There is no more guessing about tourism's importance in economic development. Use the STS Economic Significance of Tourism tool, and transform your community contacts into tourism advocates.
Click Here to Purchase Online »
- Yearly impact of tourism in your county
- Three-year trend of tourist spending
- Daily impact of tourism
- Tax relief provided by tourism receipts
Breakdown the daily spending habits of tourists by:
Confidently explain the impact travel and tourism has to:
- Your board
- Your supervisor
- Your elected officials
- Your local businesses
- Your chamber
Explore the impact of tourism by:
- Tourist spending
- Jobs created
- Worker paychecks
- State taxes
- Local taxes
Top of Page»
- Turn-key "click and show" professional Powerpoint presentation customized for your county in digital format on flash drive ready for you to load on your computer and show.
- Three-ring notebook of all color slides to personally show one-on-one in flip chart format
Color handouts of Powerpoint presentation for your audience
- Customized one-page Tourism Economic Fact Sheet with all the economic data in an easy to read format perfect for handouts in meetings and perfect for the media to use
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) and answers of the most commonly asked audience questions about the presentation, to give you the confidence you need to present
Please call for current pricing: 404.364.9847
Also available: have one of our experts explain the findings to you or your group by phone or in person. Call for a quote.
Packages are currently available for counties in the following states: Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia.
Top of Page»
Print out the PDF »
Sample Fact Sheet »
Sample Tourism Toolkit »
STS works in conjunction with Dr. Steve Morse on this Economic Significance of Tourism tool.
Dr. Steve Morse is an economist and director of the Tourism Institute at the University of Tennessee. He is a leading tourism economic expert and associate professor in the Department of Retail, Hospitality and Tourism management where he tracks economic trends in the hotel, restaurant and tourism sectors in the Southeast and U.S. economies.
Dr. Morse presents seminars and workshops on the economic importance of tourism to national, state, regional, and local groups and associations including Chambers of Commerce and public policy groups.
Top of Page»