Bob Stewart, Travel Secretary, KY Tourism, Arts, and Heritage Cabinet
Tourism's ongoing evolution:
Where we’ve been and how far will we dare to go?
A perspective of where we’ve been as an industry…recount some of the great successes and really focus ultimately on how we get and keep tourism front and center permanently in the national dialogue on economic policy.
Key Note Speech PowerPoint Presentation
Posted videos below are included as part of presentation
State of the Region – A RESEARCH PERSPECTIVE
With Rick Cain, Longwoods International; John Packer, TNS Global and Cheryl Schutz, D.K. Shifflet & Associates, Ltd. on the same platform to bring you up to speed and where we are and where we are going.
DOWNLOAD PDF PowerPoints
State of the South (part 1 of 3) Cheryl Shutz, D.K. Shifflet & Associates
State of the South (part 2 of 3) Rick Cain, Longwoods International
State of the South (part 3 of 3) John Packer, TNS Global
SETTRA Lexington proceedings March 2014
PDF Download (1,006 KB File)
1. Investigating the Relationship between Visitor Characteristics and Destination Service Evaluation: The Case of the New River Gorge, West Virginia - Doug Arbogast & Kudzayi Maumbe (West Virginia University)
2. Analysis of the Impacts of Events and Festivals on Residents’ Perceived Quality of Life - H. Atahan Atadil, Diego Bufquin, Qiulin Lu, Mingming Jiang, & Fang Meng (University of South Carolina)
3. Longitudinal Study of Visitor Spending at Events: The Impact of Nearcations on Mayberry Days - Erick T Byrd (University of North Carolina at Greensboro).
4. Tourists on the Greenways in Mount Airy: Use and Direct Spending - Erick T Byrd (University of North Carolina at Greensboro)
5. Predicting Tourists’ Intentions to Revisit from Guest-Host Interactions and Emotional Ties in Galveston County, Texas - Tek B. Dangi, Ying Xu, Kayode D. Aleshinloye, Eric Dong-oh Joo, Jamie Rae Walker, & Kyle M. Woosnam (Texas A&M University)
6. Economic Significance of Active Sport Tourist: Non-Resident Hunters in Alabama - Anthony W. Dixon, Harriet Dixon, & Rustin Cockrell (Troy University)
7. Assessing Climatic Preferences by Generational Segments – Nancy M. Hirt, Alexia Franzidis, James Herstine, Douglas Gamble (University of North Carolina Wilmington) .
8. Identification of Tourist Based on Perceived Value of Experience: Motivation, Knowledge, and Involvement - H.L. Kim, M.T. Beardsley, N. K. Prebensen, & M. Uysal (Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University)
9. Tourism Taxation in the USA: Levels, Uses, and Impacts - Whitney Knollenberg, Richard R. Perdue, & Nancy. G. McGehee (Virginia Tech)
10. Evaluating Cultural Heritage Attractions in the Southeastern United States through the Lens of Youth Travel - Siwasak Pansukkum (Bangkok University) & Jason R. Swanson, (University of Kentucky).
11. “The Shawshank Trail”: A Case Study of Fans as Both Creators and Consumers in Film-Induced Tourism - Richard (Robby) Roberson & Maura Grady (Ashland University)
12. Assessing the Competitiveness of the State of West Virginia (WV) as a Tourism Destination in Relation to Neighboring Destinations - Yanhong Zhou & Kudzayi Maumbe. (West Virginia University)